- Verbal offer and acceptance
- Appointment of an attorney-at-law
- Exchange of contracts for sale and payment of a 10% deposit to the vendor’s attorney-at-law. The remaining 90% of the balance due is paid at time of conveyance.
- Conveyance time is approximately three months
- The freehold title may be in an individual’s name or through a corporate vehicle set up to own the property. Non-residents of Barbados tend to purchase property through a company which may be incorporated outside of Barbados.
- Overseas purchasers can secure a 50% to 65% mortgage through a bank in Barbados.
You may also be interested in...
Special Entry Permits
Calculators (mortgage, land tax and more)